- 2 packages (4 oz. each) HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar , broken into pieces
- 1-2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts or toasted almonds , coarsely chopped
- Cover cookie sheet or tray with wax paper.
- Place chocolate in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is melted and smooth when stirred.
- Immediately place peanut butter chips and shortening in second microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred; stir in peanuts.
- Alternately spoon
above mixtures onto prepared tray; swirl with knife for marbled effect.
Gently tap tray on countertop to even out thickness of mixture.
Refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in
cool, dry place. About 1 pound candy.
* To toast almonds: Heat oven to 350°F. Spread almonds in thin layer in shallow baking pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light golden brown; cool.