1/2 cup mayo
2 tbsp. mustard (regular prepared yellow mustard)
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. vinegar
2 tbsp. honey
Salt and pepper, to tasteFor the nuggets:
8 chicken tenderloins or 6 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
2 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar
4 tsp. salt
3 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. paprika
Peanut oil or canola oil for frying (I used canola)
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the sauce, mix well, and set aside or pop in the fridge.
- In a large dutch oven or stockpot, heat up the oil over medium high heat to 375 degrees (see note below).
- While the oil is heating, in a gallon ziploc bag, combine flour, sugar, salt, pepper, and paprika. Seal it and shake to combine well.
- Throw the chicken bites into the ziploc bag, close it, and shake til all are coated well.
- Using a slotted spoon, fish out the nuggets and shake off excess flour and place on a clean plate.
- Before you start frying, prepare a plate by lining sheets of paper towels to drain the nuggets after frying.
- When ready, place about 10-12 nuggets in the oil and let cook for about 5 minutes (but it also depends on the size of your nuggets).
- Remove nuggets from oil with a spider strainer or slotted spoon and set on lined plate to drain. Continue until all nuggets have been cooked.
- Serve hot with dipping sauce and/or ketchup.